Zucchini Soup
I was telling my sister in California about all of our lovely produce. She remarked that her neighbor had made a wonderful soup using zucchini...I asked for it, and here it is:ZUCCHINI SOUP
Cover the bottom of the pan with some olive oil
Break up 1 chicken or vegetable bouillon & add to oil.
Heat it up while …
Shredding half an onion and half of a baking potato in a processor
(or by hand) Then place them in the heated oil on medium-low heat and let them cook for about 10 minutes until you see they become tender.
Shred 2 large zucchini (or other squash) in the food processor
and shred into small pieces. (or with a hand grater)
Add them to the pan with the potato and onions, also adding another cube of chicken or vegetable bouillon and let it cook for about 10 minutes or until they become tender (do not brown them).
Then raise the heat to medium-high and add 1 glass of white dry wine. Lower the heat, cover the pan and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
Puree in the processor or a blender.
Serve and enjoy.
from: Susanna Santoro, Los Angeles, CA
(Note: I edited this a bit, but only to make the process simpler. I haven't tried it yet, but doesn't it sound good?)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home