Recipes & Updates from the 2007 Growing Season!
PLEASE NOTE: SPROUT WILL NOT MANAGE A CSA FOR THE 2008 SEASON.
For more info email info@sproutorganic.org. To be on SPROUT's mail list email .

Monday, June 11, 2007

Recipe from Mim: ZUCCHINI

Zucchini Bread
3.5 cups flour
1 t salt
2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground nutmeg
1/4 t ground cloves(I only had cinnamon & that worked fine)
2 large zucchini, grated(I used two small zucchini and 1 yellow squash)
1 C sugar
4 eggs
1/2 C veg. oil
toasted pecans(I used untoasted sliced almonds)
Preheat oven to 350° Grease and flour 2 - 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 " loaf pans. Mix together flour, salt, baking powder, bakign soda, cinnamon & other spices in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, combine zucchini, sugara, eggs and oil. Mix well. Stir dry ingredients into wet just until combined. Fold nuts into batter. Put into loaf pans and bake 50 min. more or less. Remove from pans and cool on a rack. Good with butter or cream cheese.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home